The Great Indian Restaurant Festival has been the talk of the industry throughout February with some great achievements. More than half of the inventory of restaurants was sold out in the first 2 weeks of February accounting for over INR 250 million revenue generation for restaurants. Read further as we delve into what were the trends attributing to the festival.
GIRF 2018 saw 1 Million Indians eating out at the top restaurants in their city without burning a hole in their pockets. Since its launched, Dineout has had over 3 million diners visiting their platform for bookings and deals. Here are a few key trends:
- Out of all these diners, 77% fall in the age group of 18-34 years.
- Although Dineout has been receiving traffic from all over the country, the maximum number of diners, contributing to 55% of the total diner count, are coming from Delhi and Mumbai.
- Over 50% of the total diners were visiting restaurants in groups of 2.
Highest Selling Deals
The maximum number of deals have been sold in Delhi, followed by Mumbai and Bangalore. Although food deals have been selling the most, buffet deals have been very popular across all cities. 40% of the restaurants selling buffet deals across the country have already been sold out.
How Restaurants Are The Stars of The Show!
From selling out all their inventory for the festival to a massive jump in diner count, restaurants have been in the limelight since the beginning!
- Restaurants that earlier weren’t Dineout partners have seen a 2.5 times jump in their diner count once they came on board for the Great Indian Restaurant Festival.
- One major highlight is that 60% of the bookings during the Great Indian Restaurant Festival has been for non-GIRF deals. Thus, the festival has helped restaurants acquire customers irrespective of the deal offered.
- You can also check out a few rockstar restaurants that are already sold out:
A major portion of these deals have been sold over the weekends throughout the month. Also, the average cost for two people during GIRF was only Rs 1000 across all cities.
With Delhi leading the show, buffets being a popular deal and people preferring to dine out in a group of 2, a lot of new trends came to light.
This festival is presented by Airtel Payments Bank, Pepsi as food partners, William Lawson’s CDs as beverage partner and NRAI as an industry partner.
Stay tuned for the full scoop at the end of the festival.