Dineout, India’s largest dining out and restaurant tech platform has always believed in a restaurant first approach. Supporting the restaurant business with cutting edge technology has always been our forte. But when life throws a curveball, like that of COVID-19, what do we do? Do we dodge? Or do we swing our bat and hit it out of the stadium? We believe in the latter, and we swing it real hard.
All of us have been bombarded with news about COVID-19 and its implications on our society. And the restaurant industry has been the first to bear the brunt. The news about our restaurant industry expecting a loss between 70,000 – 80,000 crore is disheartening. And this pulls the heartstrings of about 7.3 million people who invest their blood and sweat in it every day. So what do we do? The restaurant industry, being the thought leader that they are, has taken a brave step towards safeguarding their diners. They have either temporarily stopped services, or have adopted contact-less delivery. The precautionary measures at such delivery restaurants are at par with medical facilities.
So we have decided to take matters into our own hands. Using Dineout platform, we have set up a rescue plan, Operation: Restaurant Vouchers.
Here is how ‘Restaurant Vouchers’ works-
- Using our ‘Restaurant Vouchers’ platform, we empower your loyal diners to buy vouchers of either 500 INR or 1000 INR. These vouchers have a validity period of 3-6 months. So as soon as things calm down and they can all step out, they will walk straight through your open doors.
- We encourage our restaurant partners to give us an inventory of either 50 vouchers, each worth 1000 INR or 100 vouchers, each worth 500 INR. How does this help the restaurant? People buy vouchers that they will use in the future, which guarantees immediate cash flow.
- How does the diner benefit? The diner buys these vouchers at a discounted price. This discount is up to 30%, at the restaurants’ discretion.
- These vouchers will apply on the total bill, which is inclusive of taxes.
- What does Dineout get out of this? Your love.
Your diners are in knee-deep withdrawal symptoms from not getting all the love that you serve along with your food. So, this is our little way of playing batman, the hero in a cape. We’re committed to do our part and continue to introduce new tools in the coming days to help facilitate support for the restaurant business community.
We hope our effort helps ‘flatten the curve’ of lost income for restaurants and secures the business and its staff’s needs. You are lucky to have such lovely and loyal diners who can’t stop thinking of those crispy, fiery peri-peri fries that you serve!
As you read this, we already are assisting about 1000 restaurants with ‘Restaurant Vouchers’. If you want to know more about this, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call up your salesperson. We are all working from home, but we can’t stop thinking about you. Let us help you rewrite history.